Manager of MVS/Tandem Admins
Reporting to Director, as the Manager, MVS/Tandem Administration will provision & de-provision access entitlements for employees, contractors and vendors on host platforms globally. This role, you as the manager, will also entail support and maintenance of the ACF2/MVS environment, including environment maintenance, troubleshooting identity/access issues, and coordination with vendors on changes/upgrades to the environment. You will also provide reports and other artifacts to the audit team as required. Periodic on-call pager support will be required.
Is this role right for you?
- You have a strong customer service focus, while recognizing the need for appropriate risk and security controls
- You have a strong, technical background in supporting MVS mainframe systems, including MVS, TSO, CICS and DB2
- You work well in a team, in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- You want to grow your knowledge and understanding of Information Security concepts, technologies and processes
- You consistently demonstrate personal accountability for assigned initiatives and daily processes
- You have effective communication skills, and can present ideas up to Director level
- You have the ability to recognize opportunities for improvement in the processes and tasks that have been assigned to you.
- You are interested in growing your career in the Information Security space
- Review established provisioning processes for inefficiencies and make recommendations for improvement/automation
- Provide support, as needed, for IBM Mainframe systems, particularly for issues pertaining to access rights
- Work with more junior team members to uplift their knowledge and capabilities on mainframe technologies
- Assist with developing and updating documentation and run books for MVS/TSO/CICS/DB2
- Demonstrate personal accountability for assigned initiatives and daily processes
- Liaise with 2nd and 3rd level support as well as vendor, as required
- Escalate all high priority issues affecting availability, customer impact and user impact to the Manager/Director of the team
- Other duties as assigned by management
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Provide reports and data, as requested, for audits and walkthroughs of internal controls GIAM ILM owned processes
- Taking guidance from the manager/director, participate in the process of investigating control deficiencies and recommending solutions to address/mitigate the deficiencies
What's in it for you?
- Years of technical work experience supporting IBM Mainframe systems, including MVS, TSO, CICS and DB2
- Years of experience managing users and user permissions IBM Mainframe systems, including MVS and SDSF
- Years of experience on Mainframe/Tandem scripting and programming, including SDS for reporting
- High-level knowledge of legal and regulatory frameworks such as PCI-DSS and SOX
- Technical problem-solving skills with the ability to find successful resolutions for issues of basic to moderate complexity
- Additional experience managing users and permissions for Tandem/AS400 would be an asset
- Good verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
- GIAM Identity Lifecycle Management is part of a global team with a mandate covering all the Bank’s Authentication/Authorization technologies, with the goal of creating the best Identity and Access Management practice in the Canadian financial industry. Involvement in many key projects and initiatives to further build the Bank’s IAM capabilities. Collaboration with a strong senior leadership team of IAM and security professionals. Exposure to industry-leading IAM platforms, and the ability to influence and drive their usage
- Minutes by TTC bus from the TTC’s Line 2 Warden subway station. Free employee shuttle service connecting the IT campus with nearby GO stations. Sept. 2021 opening of the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit & there will be a stop in front of our campus
- Minutes from the 401 & DVP. Free onsite & offsite employee parking with nearby charging stations for electric vehicles
- Walking distance to the employee cafeteria & Tim Horton’s + onsite complimentary hot beverage stations in the workplace
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges