Sr GT.M Database Administrator
The Senior GT.M Database Administrator’s role is to design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance-tune databases while ensuring high levels of data availability. You will also be responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software. In a secure and structure Banking environment, this role is also required to monitor and implement regulatory and compliance standards to the systems under administration.
Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for databases in conjunction with data owners and department managers.
Work with application development staff to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery, High Availability, and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets
Provide real-time Operational support for all systems under administration. Includes rotating on-call responsibilities.
Skills you need to succeed
- Create models for new database development and/or changes to existing ones.
- Monitor database performance and continuously tune system for optimal efficiency.
- Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Help develop, support, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Participate in planning data migrations between systems.
- Create, or support creation of, required reports in response to business needs.
- Establish and apply appropriate end-user database access control levels.
- Develop routines for end users to facilitate best practices database use.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to members of the team.
- Implement corporate policy and audits; develop, publish, enforce and maintain standards and procedures.
- Manage development, test and production environments; perform administrative functions; maintain documentation.
- Promote changes via established IT change control procedures.
- Create and manage to service level agreements.
- Create and maintain data models and metadata.
- Design, create and maintain database structures; review application design and SQL code.
- Design, test and implement backup/recovery strategies and contingency plans.
- Monitor analyze and report on availability, performance and resource consumption.
- Assess capacity and make recommendations on resource and capacity sizing based on projected growth.
- Plan, test and implement software upgrades; monitor alerts; administer licenses; interface with vendors.
- Remain current with industry and product direction; evaluate new technologies and product features; make recommendations as to how Tangerine can benefit.
- Troubleshoot problems; provide database problem resolution assistance to IT staff.
- Provide day-to-day consultancy and support to IT staff; act as backup for other Database Systems staff.
- Monitor daily operations; log issues and ensure resolution.
Extensive experience supporting on-line database applications in a real-time mission critical environment.
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience as a DBA at least 3 in a senior capacity.
- 5+ years of SQL coding experience.
- 5+ years of application development experience.
What's in it for you?
- Banking or Financial experience strongly preferred.
- Expert at administering non-relational database systems
- Superior knowledge of GT.M Database Server is critical
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Hands-on experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting database servers
- Demonstrated ability in performance tuning and capacity management.
- Experience with requirements gathering and database design.
- Familiarity with client/server, operating system, storage and networking fundamentals.
- Basic working knowledge of Unix, Linux and/or AIX Operating Systems.
- Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards, and products as required
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Availability to provide 24x7 on-call Production Support on a scheduled basis.
Health Benefits from day one!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- Currently all our teams are working fully remotely
- We offer a competitive rewards package
- Performance bonus, Share Ownership Program and Pension Plan Matching
Sr Technical Recruiter
Sr Technical Recruiter
Please contact me with any questions: