Senior Software Developer
We are seeking a Senior Software Developer to work with our Client's team of researchers and engineers who work in a dynamic and agile environment. Our client builds and manages complex health research infrastructure for collaborators and clients. They bring together prominent research organizations across the country and internationally.
You will be involved in data handling, software implementation, and system integration. You will primarily help in designing, implementing, deploying, testing, and maintaining essential software components that will aid in growing our informatics platforms.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will help contribute to the software development process, participate in code reviews, and shape system design as well as provide leadership and guidance in all team development efforts for successful project delivery and platform support.
You will be responsible for helping create cutting edge yet realistic systems for use by surgeons in the midst of procedures, researchers accessing remote data across the globe, doctors trying to understand the genetics of their patient even at the bedside, and patients and the public seeking insight into their own maladies and conditions.. And you will be building the future of medical science!
- 5+ years of professional Software development experience in a diverse set of technology disciplines.
- 3+ years of Python programming experience in an industry context, and a strong RESTful API development experience with either FastAPI or Flask.
- Experience implementing unit and integration tests, tracking code coverage, and familiarity with TDD or BDD.
- Strong working knowledge of microservice architecture and an understanding of domain driven design.
- Experience with event sourcing (Kafka), distributed transaction strategy, message queues (AMQP/RabbitMQ)
- Solid working experience with data handling processes, including data ingestion, ETL, data warehousing.
- Good knowledge of object storage, relational (PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (Elasticsearch, Neo4j) database systems.
- Experience with Big Data ecosystem and data lake concept, such as HDFS, Hive, Atlas, and Spark.
- Virtualization and containerization, experience with Kubernetes is highly desired.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in a high-availability environment.
- Understanding CI/CD best practices and solutions
- Experience with workflow or dataflow frameworks is an asset.
Sr Technical Recruiter
Sr Technical Recruiter
Please contact me with any questions: