Development Manager with Trading Floor experience
We need to hire a Senior Developer/Manager, to lead a talented team and contribute to a range of projects, with a focus on equity trading applications and quantitative analytics in support of central risk book, ETF market making and portfolio trading businesses. You’d be joining a group that develops and operates the algorithmic trading systems, portfolio trading and market-making applications, along with associated analytics and related technology.
You will be a technical lead and manager for the development team supporting various Trading Analytics and related applications, you will also:
Do you offer this experience:
- Translate complex technical and functional requirements into detailed designs to create scalable and high-performance web services for automation and analytics across the Cash, Portfolio and Quant trading desks.
- Develop and implement data pipelines from disparate data sets that extracts, transforms and loads data into an information product that helps to inform the organization in reaching strategic goals
- Collaborate with various trading desks and quants to design & develop systems to improve business efficiency.
- Participate in meetings /stand ups with stakeholders to prioritize development tasks aligned with business goals.
- Design and assist in full software development life cycle required for data integration, position tracking and various trading automated tools.
- Perform support of production trading applications to troubleshoot and quickly resolve any issues or questions.
- Investigate, analyze, develop and maintain a strong knowledge of trading workflows, technology and market structure to ensure most streamlined approaches are implemented
- Collaborate with other developers and serve as a mentor by conducting technical training sessions and reviewing project outputs
- Strong programming background, ideally including developing real-time, event-driven applications.
- Algorithmic/Automated trading design and trouble-shooting skills
- Hands on with development tools and languages such as Java, Spring boot, Angular 2+, Python, SQL and NoSQL
- Knowledge of real-time processing framework (Apache Spark) and streaming frameworks like Kafka
- Deployment experience with Maven, BitBucket, Jenkins and Artifactory
- Background in FIX, market data, trading systems and market microstructure would be beneficial.
- Effective written & verbal communication skills to bridge between technical content and business objectives
- Experience working on agile development teams
- Motivated to keep developing one’s skillset with the latest technology and programming techniques
- Experience with development of the technology architecture to support quantitative and trading products
- Experience leading a development team for 5+ years
- STEM Post-secondary degree (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics),
- Beneficial would be: Financial education and relevant courses such as CFA, CSC etc. and/or demonstrated capital markets experience considered an asset
Sr Technical Recruiter
Sr Technical Recruiter
Please contact me with any questions: