Front End Software Engineer - (Remote)
Front End Engineer
Who We Are:
This amazing employer (an IBM company) works to deliver best-in-class software so that they can assure application performance, eliminating error messages, spinning wheels and business disruptions. Their Application Resource Management platform continuously assures that applications get precisely the right resources needed to perform, while maintaining policy compliance and eliminating overspending. Their Network Performance Management technology provides modern monitoring and analytics solutions that organizations need to monitor their network infrastructure, and simplifies the extraction and enrichment of metric, flow, and streaming telemetry data across multi-vendor networks enabling enterprises, carriers, and managed service providers to ensure optimal network operations and performance.
They have been recently named to the Inc. 5000 List of fastest growing private companies for the sixth time, and the Forbes Cloud 100 for the fourth time. They have also been named to Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators List, and to scale their growth, they have locked in partnerships with technology giants like Cisco, Microsoft, AWS, and DXC.
What you'll be doing:
What will you bring:
- Building responsive UI.
- Work closely with a multitude of scrum teams to take product UI features from inception to a delivered realization.
- Iterate on UI/UX through incremental deliveries and grooming requirements through user testing and private previews.
- Participate in architectural discussions, help define/maintain codebase best practices, and write quality, reusable code.
- Participate in code reviews (reviewer and reviewee).
- Mentor and pair with other engineers.
- Show off your technical passions by creating tech talks to present to the development organization (if you want to).
- Learn a ton about cloud computing, virtualized infrastructure, and application performance management.
- Make our product better for our customers, advocate for them, and work with customer first mindset.
- Work closely with UX designers, project managers, and back-end engineers to implement versatile front-end solutions.
- Manage your time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- 2-3 years of experience with Angular, React, Vue, or other modern JS framework (Preferably Angular)
- Strong understanding of core OOP practices
- Familiarity with TypeScript (or experience with other strongly typed languages)
- Experience with UI testing frameworks such as Jest, Karma (preferably Jest)
- Experience with SVG based visualization frameworks like D3.js, C3.js, FusionCharts etc.
- Experience with agile methodologies and automated testing with some exposure to TDD & pair programming
- Understanding of UI build tools such as Webpack
- Understanding of Design Patterns and when/how to apply them
- Strong ability to break down UI designs into extensible/modifiable/reusable/responsive component architectures
- Strong empathy for user’s and an aptitude for solving their problems through UI design
Benefits & Perks:
- Experience with AngularJS and/or Angular2+
- Experience building/using UI design systems
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience with Java
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies such as AWS/Azure/GCP
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration, and delivery.
- Health, dental and vision coverage – health is a #1 priority for us, we’ve got you covered.
- Pre-tax benefits – medical, dependent care, commuter, 401k.
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Access to executives – learn and collaborate with leaders.
- Career advancement – jump in, learn, grow and shape your career
- Rewards and Recognition Programs