Hiring: Full time Perm
Location: Toronto – work from home
DevOps Engineer (preferably with a security focus) who will be responsible for helping design, maintain and administer complex data systems for deployments as well as our internal company needs.
Primary duties will include:
- designing, deploying and maintaining infrastructures and networks,
- managing virtual servers or containers for deployment,
- enabling backup and disaster recovery operations,
-establishing and enforcing policies and technologies for protecting sensitive data and software from external attacks and internal errors,
- monitoring performance and efficiency of resources,
-scaling systems as required to handle increased loads,
- and coordinating with the development team for product releases.
You will work closely with management and developers to identify potential issues, fix problems, and recommend standards-based solutions to complex problems.
To be a successful candidate, you should have:
- Strong understanding of Software deployment and release,
- Network and software engineering processes and infrastructure.
You will need to be able to implement, -administer and troubleshoot networked systems including Linux servers, firewalls, and mainstream proxies.
-A deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is desired.
- Experience in both on-premise implementation, cloud implementations (including AWS) and hybrid approaches is highly desirable.
-Experience in security processes and technology is a bonus, including standard-based approaches to securing servers
Qualifications must include:
- Design, deploy, maintain, administer and improve IT infrastructure and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, and configurations in on-premise deployments.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Deploy, configure, maintain and decommission Linux servers and networking technology.
- Design, deploy, maintain and improve release support processes and technology to support ongoing maintenance of software installed at multiple client sites.
- Perform disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Monitor networks and servers for performance, resource utilization and system security, optimize and secure as required
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Protect data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing best practices.
- Work with developing security team to perform tests, uncover network vulnerabilities and develop company-wide best practices for privacy and security.
- Strong experience with container orchestration such as Kubernetes, Docker Swarm.
- Proficient in building automated deployments(mostly on-prem)using configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef etc.
- Strong experience with seamless/automated build scripts used for release management across all environments. Solid knowledge of managing CI/CD tools and pipelines.
- Strong experience with deploying engineering applications at a large scale in an agile environment.
- Solid understanding and experience with microservices deployment, API Gateway, KeyCloak and identity federation with LDAP or ActiveDirectory.
- Strong scripting skills, i.e., Bash, Python and practical Linux system administration skills.
- Understanding of firewalls, reverse proxies, load balancing, security incident management, antivirus, and intrusion protection concepts.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Understanding of patch management and custom software upgrades with the ability to deploy patches and upgrades in a timely manner while understanding business impact.
About the employer: they design, build and manage complex health data infrastructure for prominent research organizations across the globe. They design and deploy large scale secured informatics platforms involving wide-ranging and complex health data