This is a great time to join this growing team – they design, build and manage health data infrastructure for prominent research organizations across the globe.
Hiring a Linux System Administrator who will be responsible for helping design, implement, maintain and administer data systems for deployments.
Primary duties will include designing, deploying and maintaining infrastructures and networks, managing virtual servers or containers for deployment, enabling backup and disaster recovery operations, establishing and enforcing policies and technologies for protecting sensitive data and software from external attacks and internal errors, monitoring performance and efficiency of resources, scaling systems as required to handle increased loads, and coordinating with the development team for product releases.
- Design, deploy, maintain, administer and improve IT infrastructure and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, and configurations in on-premises deployments.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Deploy, configure, maintain and decommission Linux servers and networking technology.
- Install, upgrade, configure and test application software. Forward application logs to a SIEM event collector.
- Write and maintain system documentation, including change management proposals, (what else?).
- Respond immediately to security or usability concerns.
- Anticipate potential problems and take action to solve them before they impact users when possible.
- Perform disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Monitor networks and servers for performance, resource utilization, system security and alignment with established internal standards; correct, validate, optimize, and secure as required.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Protect data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing best practices.
- Work with security team to perform tests, uncover network vulnerabilities and develop company-wide best practices for privacy and security.
- Strong expertise in Linux system configuration and maintenance
- Experience with virtualization technologies and hypervisor management
- Strong scripting skills, i.e., Bash, Python and practical Linux system administration skills.
- Understanding of firewalls, reverse proxies, load balancing, security incident management, antivirus, and intrusion protection concepts.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Understanding of patch management and custom software upgrades with the ability to deploy patches and upgrades in a timely manner while understanding business impact.
- Experienced working with network-based storage including NFS, possibly clustered file systems such as GPFS.
- Comfortable with software installation and upgrading within Linux and Windows environment.
- Passionate about protecting the privacy of data stored in your care.
- Must be willing to undergo a criminal record check.