Sr Full Stack Software Engineer
- UI: CSS, SCSS, Bootstrap.
Toronto • Remote - work from home
We are hiring a Full-Stack Software Engineer
to complement our expanding engineering team. You should have an affinity for making and breaking scalable cloud applications and be working on both the Front-End and Back-end.
The environment you will be working in consists of a serverless backend, a web app, mobile apps for both iOS and Android, and various supporting applications.
Technologies and platforms you would use regularly include:
- UI: CSS, SCSS, Bootstrap.
- Database: Postgres w/ TimescaleDB, Redis.
- DevOps: AWS, Netlify, Linux, Bash.
- Developer Tools: MacOS, Jetbrains WebStorm, npm, GitHub/Bitbucket, Postico, Jira.
The minimum requirements are:
- OOP: Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts and Data Structures. While you are comfortable with functional programming, you tend to think OOP design patterns.
- PostgreSQL: You are experienced with SQL, crafting relational DB
- Schemas, queries, and stored procedures in PL/pgSQL. You have used Postgres in at least one major project. Bonus points for having used TimescaleDB in a major project in the past.
- **nix Command Line*: You are extremely comfortable with bash and interacting with *nix on the command line.
- Thinking From User POV: You have the ability to think from the perspective of the end user when it comes to features.
- Work Experience: You have 2-4 years of work experience working in multi-disciplinary teams. Your focus has been purely software engineering and have worked both on the Front-End and Back-End equally. You have been mentored by a Senior Full-Stack Engineer and are looking forward to taking on more technical and architectural responsibility.
Your deliverables will be:
- Software Engineering:
- You will take responsibility for one or more features to be built out in the current sprint.
- You will work with the product team to refine the feature spec into a user story and identify what functionality needs to be added, where the functionality needs to be added, etc.
- You will implement assigned features in a manner that will scale out effectively as we grow.
- You will work with engineers to design appropriate test cases for our web/mobile application as well as our backend APIs.
- You will perform tests on software and record results.
- You will identify bugs and log them into our issue tracking system.
- You will take ownership of bugs, and either push them through the bug fix process via another engineer or fix them yourself
- You will retest and ensure bugs have been resolved.
- Do you see something that can be improved in our stack or with our processes? You will have the opportunity to take initiative and improve processes.
Soft Skills we look for:
- Motivation: You should be self-driven and excited to work on this product.
- Commitment: You do not take the responsibilities that you are given, lightly.
- Independent Thinking: While we need a doer, we especially need people who can think and contribute to the greater goal without necessarily being prompted to do so.
If you are excited to work for a fast-growing company, connect with us. We are looking forward to talking to you.