Backend Senior Software Engineer
Our client: they strive to
eliminate infrastructure resource congestion across hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
This role is based on a provider of network management solutions for optimal network visibility and performance. The combined entity delivers customers better data, analytics, and decisions to comprehensively and continuously assure application performance.
What You'll Be Doing:
● Responsible for resolving complex customer support level issues.
● Work closely with the team of highly technical engineers with troubleshooting/debugging expertise and help troubleshoot complex problems seen in the field.
● Document root cause for software defects and suggest enhancements that can be implemented by developers.
● Acts as the liaison between Development, Quality Assurance and Support teams
● Reviews and provides feedback on technical documents written by Engineers.
● Duties can vary from various areas regarding deployment software advancements that focus on the high speed reliable data ingestion, platform and upgrades into our product
● Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to articulate and present technical solutions
● Ensure communication flows well cross-functionally for product updates and known issues.
Experience needed to excel at this role:
● 5+ years of professional working experience in related area
● Experience working with Linux.
● Experience with MySQL, C/C++, Go, PHP, Python, Scala or Java
● Experience with distributed systems and test-driven development
● Networking Software development and Domain Knowledge
● Experience in enterprise software, deep knowledge on software development including threading, network and disk IO, data transformations, data integrity, systems management, systems administration and monitoring
● Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS and Azure Cloud Infrastructure
● Self-motivated and highly ambitious
● Demonstrated ability to balance multiple project deliverables
● Demonstrated critical thinking & problem-solving skills
● General programming aptitude with one or two strong areas
● Demonstrated ability to determine test cases provided from business requirements
● Ability to deal with various customer levels and employee/management levels
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage – health is a #1 priority for us, we’ve got you covered.
- Unlimited paid time off – flexibility boosts creativity and performance. Take time off to spend volunteering in your community or recharging - work-life balance is important.
- Pre-tax benefits – medical, dependent care, RRSPs
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Access to executives – learn and collaborate with leaders.
- Career advancement – jump in, learn, grow and shape your career
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
- Wellness Initiatives - are you competitive? You’ll love the step competition with great prizes! Cooking more your speed? We have web cooking classes! Great wellness initiative running year round
- Wellness Platform that offers allocation of points for different wellness benefits of your choice from the platform