SR Software Engineer
Full time – work from home 100%
Our client needs to add a new person to their existing Toronto team of developers and engineers. This position involves designing & developing scalable, robust features that solve real world problems.
- You will design and build solutions for assuring application performance in the cloud.
- you will learn a good amount of how “cloud first” applications are built and knowledge of cloud services offered by different cloud vendors
- you should hit the ground running
- Strong technical expertise in building scalable, performant, high quality software with an emphasis on customer centric focus
- Any experience you have with hypervisors (VMware, HyperV, Xen) is a bonus, if you don’t have this knowledge you will definitely learn it here
We are looking for a software engineer who is motivated and can take ownership to drive innovative features as well as:
- 5 years experience with Java development
- Agile and Scrum development methodologies
- Developing microservices for distributed systems
- Experience working with Linux.
- Experience with modern cloud technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, Azure, AWS
- Experience with distributed systems and test driven development
- Self-motivated and highly ambitious
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple project deliverables
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience working in multinational / multicultural environment
- Excellent teamwork and people skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking & problem-solving skills
- General programing aptitude with one or two strong areas
- Demonstrated ability to determine test cases provided from business requirements
- Bonus if you have ever: Re-architecting legacy applications to microservices
Our client's employees who naturally operate with a sense of fearlessness, collaborate often, are curious learners. You also have to like having fun - we have a lot of it. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
Benefits & Perks:
- Unlimited paid time off – flexibility boosts creativity and performance… work-life balance is important.
- Access to executives – we have a no-door policy, learn and collaborate with execs.
- Career advancement – jump in, learn, grow and shape your career