Java Development Manager
Full time, work from home
As the Software Develpment Manager you will be responsible for providing technical leadership for a geographically distributed development team of 7 Software Engineers. They are engaged in providing support for various application and application performance monitoring technologies (including AppDynamics, NewRelic, MS SQL Server, Tomcat among others).
What you will do:
What you will bring:
- Oversee the design and development of new features that are added for the APM control modules. This involves design, development, implementation, mentoring the team, code reviews and testing and maintaining the current functionality of these modules.
- Work closely with customers to understand requirements, resolve issues raised by the Support team and educating clients
- Oversee Development team resources in order to ensure that software development initiatives are adequately staffed and that targets for development timeframes and quality of products are achieved.
- Provide technical leadership in the design and code quality associated with deliverables and manage the day-to-day project related activities of the team.
- Provide leadership with respect to the continuous improvement of engineering processes. This includes ensuring the team understands and follows SCRUM and AGILE best practices, providing guidance and mentoring when required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Software Engineer with at least 2 years as a team lead or manager for a software development team.
- Experience with the following is strongly desired:
- Java development;
- (ii) Application and application monitoring including specifically AppDynamics, NewRelic, DataDog, Tomcat, SQL Server;
- (iii) Microservice technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes; and
- (iv) working in or managing geographically diverse teams.
Strong communication and team building skills.
- Graduate degree (or its foreign equivalent degree) in Computer Science, Electrical or Electronics Engineering or a closely related field.
This client is named an Inc. Fastest Growing company, and a Forbes 100 Cloud company. both for the third time. They also made the INC. Best Workplace for 2018 and 2019 list and locked in partnerships with Microsoft, AWS, Cisco and DXC to accelerate our growth. This client was founded in 2009, headquartered in Boston, Mass. and have offices in New York City, White Plains NY, Toronto, Australia and the United Kingdom.
The company culture creates a workplace that values performance and transparency. This is done through our employees who naturally operate with a sense of fearlessness, collaborate often, are curious learners. You also have to like having fun - we have a lot of it. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
Benefits & Perks:
Health, dental and vision coverage – health is a #1 priority for us, we’ve got you covered.
Unlimited paid time off – flexibility boosts creativity and performance… work-life balance is important.
Pre-tax benefits – medical, dependent care, commuter, 401k.
Access to executives – we have a no-door policy, learn and collaborate with execs.
Beer Fridays, unlimited snacks, cold brew coffee on tap – physiological needs, check.
Game rooms, quiet areas and more – play a round of billiards, table tennis or grab a quiet space to focus
Career advancement – jump in, learn, grow and shape your career