Java back end Developer
As a senior team member of this Capital Markets team, you will be working on:
VAR (Value at Risk) application, integrating it with the Data Platform. You will work closely with business and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
You will be working in the Streaming Architecture team for the first 6 months. The Data Platform is an enterprise data platform that utilizes Kafka, Nifi, Elasticsearch, and Hadoop as the underlying technology. After the first 6 months, you will be responsible for code development, modernization(exploring new technologies) and supporting the VAR application which is comprised of many different components currently utilizing different technology stacks. (i.e. Shell, Java, Python, Oracle, Postgres). Your focus will be on integration of the VAR application with the Data Platform which involves publishing the data from VAR application and consuming data from Data Platform to VAR application.
Ideal candidate would be required to:
- able to work with diverse set of technologies, build on top of existing implementations, and ensure sound integration with surrounding components from end to end operational perspective
- design sound solutions by understanding why is the functionality needed and how is the end user going to use the functionality
- ensure the quality of the new features, while maintaining the existing functionality or system performance by building automated testing and regression suites
Existing and Current experienced needed to apply for this:
What's in it for you?
- 5+ years of strong development experience in Java (Experience with Java Spring Boot framework is preferred) and any Relational Database programming (Postgres is preferred)..
- 3+ years of strong development experience on SQL Programming (RDBMS).
- 3+ years of experience working with UNIX environment with unix shell (ksh/bash)
- Strong Software development fundamentals, data structures, design patterns, Object-Oriented programming, architecture, algorithms, and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of service architecture and high performance, and multi-threading techniques
- Hands on experience in using source control systems and deployment such as git, bitbucket, jenkins.
- Market risk or financial risk experience is a nice to have
- RiskWatch experience is a nice to have
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create solid customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location: Financial District Toronto (Yonge & King St subway station)
This is a permanent full time role
Interviews: ASAP this week, next week, throughout December