Software Development Manager
Location: Toronto and GTA -southern Ontario
Work from home
What we do: Comprehensive, scalable data platform architecture consisting of interoperable tools for managing medical research data, deployable in diverse environments e.g., hospital infrastructure, public cloud, private cloud. Future medical advances will depend upon the ability to integrate and analyze large volumes of complex data from diverse sources.
Your KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Liaise with stakeholders, data providers, and user groups in defining business requirements for the incoming data including availability, utilization, and restrictions
- Work with the operations and development teams to translate business requirements towards products and services that meet the needs of engaged stakeholders, based on robust, best-of-breed technologies and standards that ensure compliance, scalability, and reliability.
- Develop and deliver strategic technological vision and direction; Lead and manage the development teams to deliver Software, infrastructure and architecture.
- Work with Product Manager to define the priorities and release plans, to ensure the on-time, to-quality delivery that is consistent with Agile processes.
- Create, implement, and maintain a continuous improvement plan for Software development and its underlying infrastructure.
- Research, identify, recommend the best-in-class technologies or features suitable for Software products being developed.
- Mentor developers to implement best practices to motivate and organize the team.
- You should be a data and research driven individual with the ability to lead, manage and direct teams and clients to effective and efficient outcomes.
- Possess development management experience ideally gained in a R&D or start-up setting.
- 8 - 10 years Software Development experience and 3+ years’ experience with Software Engineering leadership at a fast-growing organization with distributed development teams.
- Intimate knowledge of the best engineering practices, including SDLC, system architecture (Microservice in particular) and design pattern, release planning, deployment, QA, version control, and code review.
- Strong experience in designing and architecting data intensive systems with high availability, scalability and resilience.
- Solid working knowledge of data ingestion flow, Data Lake and Object Storage, Data Warehouse, data modelling in RDBMS and NoSQL, event sourcing, and distributed transaction strategy.
- Strong experience with Python-based RESTFul API frameworks such as FastAPI.
- Ability to adopt, augment a wide variety of open-sourced technologies.
- Experience in health and/or research data management and knowledge of data management standards and best practices
- Broad knowledge of research data platforms, and related products services, technologies, standards, and operating models.