Intermediate Python Developer
Do you have lots of passion for assisting in developing and integrating software components into our informatics platforms?
Are you looking for a small and dynamic multidisciplinary team of researchers and engineers who work in a dynamic and agile environment? Are you are prepared to bring your drive, your experience, and your passion to contribute at all levels to the entire team>
Our client builds and manages complex health research infrastructure for collaborators and clients. You will have the opportunity to stretch and develop your skills in data handling, software implementation, and system integration. You will primarily help in designing, implementing, deploying, testing and maintaining essential software components that will aid in growing our informatics platforms.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help to direct the Software development and system design as well as provide leadership and guidance in all team development efforts for successful project delivery and platform support, leveraging the industry best practice.
- 3+ years in a mid-sized Software team with a strong focus on end-to-end product development process, including the requirement elicitation, task decomposition, release planning, change control, testing, deployment, and the final product release.
- 3+ years of Python programming and RESTFul API development experience
- Working knowledge of Microservices
- Experience with event sourcing, distributed transaction strategy, messaging queues such as RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Working experience with data ingestion, ETL and workflow management tools such as Apache Airflow, storage and compute in relational (RDBMS) and NoSQL (Elastic, Neo4j) architectures
- Experience or familiarity with virtualization and Docker ecosystems, knowledge with Kubernetes is highly desired
- Familiarity to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Full health benefits
- RRSP contributions matched by employer
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Educational allowance