Front-end Developer - React.JS
We are seeking a self-starter with good experience and great passion for web front-end development, data visualization, and UX optimization.
You are looking for a small and dynamic multidisciplinary team of researchers and engineers who work together in a dynamic and agile.
We build and manage complex health research infrastructure for collaborators and clients. We bring together prominent research organizations across the country and internationally. Together we have created large scale informatics platforms involving diverse and complex data modalities.
to these projects, you will have the opportunity to stretch and develop your web implementation skills to a whole new level. You will imagine, design and implement creative, responsive and intuitive user interface for use by surgeons in the midst of procedures, researchers accessing remote data across the globe, doctors trying to understand the genetics of their patient even at the bedside, and patients and the public seeking insight into their own maladies and conditions.
You will engage with the rest of the development and operational teams to discuss UI / UX ideas and applications, to understand the workflows, to integrate the back-end APIs as well as the underlying infrastructure components. You are responsible to develop and implement front-end architecture and reusable UI components / libraries using React concepts, troubleshoot, debug, monitor and improve front-end side of the system. You will also bring in the innovations by leveraging the latest tools and techniques developed by the community.
- 3+ years of professional experience in writing and shipping code with React.JS.
- Knowledge of React tools using webpack, Redux, Flux, and automated testing framework.
- Experience with Ant Design (or JQuery, Bootstrap could be a bonus).
- Experience in data portal design and web based data visualization; knowing D3 or Chart.js is helpful.
- Able to integrate with and manage APIs.
- Experience with at least one of server side language such as Python, Node.JS is desired.
- Experience with version control systems such as Gitlab.
Strong written and oral communication skills. Track record of initiative and self-organization with strong time management skills.
Optional Skills (not a deal breaker but you will learn all this)
- Experience with: Agile development methodologies MVC frameworks Relational and schema-less databases Major CMS e.g. Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress. UNIX/Linux environments
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related discipline