Hiring: 2 full time permanent positions, work-from-home
Location of office: Toronto
Python Software Developer
Are you looking for a small and dynamic multidisciplinary team of researchers and engineers who work in a dynamic and agile environment?
About our client: they build and manage complex health research infrastructure for collaborators and clients. They bring together prominent research organizations across the country and internationally.
You will have the opportunity to stretch and develop your skills in data handling, software implementation, and system integration. You will primarily help in designing, implementing, deploying, testing and maintaining essential software components that will aid in growing their informatics platforms.
As a Python Software developer, your developer skills will be used in assisting to incorporate DevOps methodologies that facilitate automating and streamlining large scale data processing pipelines; building, testing, and maintaining the production environment.
- 4 + years in a mid-sized Software team with a strong focus on end-to-end product development process, including the requirement elicitation, task decomposition, release planning, change control, testing, deployment, and the final product release.
- 4+ years of professional Software development experience in a diverse set of technology disciplines
- 4+ years of Python programming and RESTFul API development experience, knowing Java would be an asset
- Strong working knowledge of modern architectural patterns or styles, Microservice in particular.
- Experience with event sourcing, distributed transaction strategy, messaging queues such as RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Solid working experience with data ingestion, ETL and workflow management tools such as Apache Airflow, storage and compute in relational (RDBMS) and NoSQL (Elastic, Neo4j) architectures
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services with working experience with AWS