As a senior team member of this Capital Markets team, you will be working on:
You will work closely with business and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
On the job training: You will be working in the Streaming Architecture team and LEARNING (you will be trained!) for the first 6 months. The Data Platform is an enterprise data platform that utilizes Kafka, Nifi, Elasticsearch, and Hadoop as the underlying technology. After the first 6 months, you will be responsible for code development, modernization(exploring new technologies) and supporting the VAR application which is comprised of many different components currently utilizing different technology stacks. (i.e. Shell, Java, Python, Oracle, Postgres).
Your Daily work will include:
- able to work with diverse set of technologies, build on top of existing implementations, and ensure sound integration with surrounding components from end to end operational perspective
- design sound solutions by understanding why is the functionality needed and how is the end user going to use the functionality
- ensure the quality of the new features, while maintaining the existing functionality or system performance by building automated testing and regression suites
Existing and Current experienced needed to apply for this:
What's in it for you?
- 5+ years of strong development experience in Java (Experience with Java Spring Boot framework is preferred) and any Relational Database
- 3+ years of strong development experience on SQL Programming (RDBMS).
- 3+ years of experience working with UNIX environment
- Strong Software development fundamentals, data structures, design patterns, Object-Oriented programming, architecture, algorithms, and problem-solving skills
- Hands on experience in using source control systems and deployment such as git, bitbucket, jenkins.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create solid customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location: Financial District Toronto (Yonge & King St subway station)
This is a permanent full time role
Interviews: ASAP this week, next week