Location: Toronto, ON (Don Mills & Lawrence)
Our client offers more than career opportunities, the extraordinary expertise of almost 5,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organization they serve.
The system you’ll be supporting is a robust recordkeeping platform (in Defined Contribution (DC) Pension Administration Services) that supports membership database updates, and provides electronic data interfaces, calculations and transactions. As the Client Manager, you will report to the Senior Client Manager and/or Director, Defined Contribution Pension Administration, will work within a team of 4 – 10 members that are composed of Analysts up to Directors that support 3 - 5 clients.
You will oversee the day-to-day administration of all types of Employer CAP plans (including but not limited to GRSP, TFSA, Non-Registered Plans, RIF/LIFs, Share Purchase Plans, SERPs, and Notional Plans along with DC Pension Plans). Your focus will be on maintaining excellent client relationships, team training and development, process efficiency as well as ensuring audit and quality controls.
- Mentor the your team of analysts
- Feedback and guidance on an on-going basis
- Supports the Senior Client Manager and/or Director in the overall management and direction of the team
- Builds excellent relationships with clients, through regular telephone contact and office visits. Helps the team to understand the client’s perspective and priorities and ensure they are always client focused and maintain client relationships
- Coordinates and attends quarterly meetings for clients. Does other adhoc client meetings, reporting and presentations as required
- Leads training sessions for the team and/or department to build knowledge on industry topics and trends. Trains and orients new team members on systems and procedures
- Liaises with other teams and/or Client Managers. Devises ways to continuously improve team operations; identifies systems inefficiencies and implements appropriate plans of action
- Analyzes project and work demands to ensure that resources are allocated appropriately amongst the team and that deliverables are being met
- Takes the lead on client escalations and assists the team with proposing timely and cost-effective solutions
- Participates in client implementations; tests new functionalities for existing applications and new applications; contributes to the documentation process
- Participates on special projects as required including internal and external audits or administrative tasks
- 8+ years of Pension Administration experience, and is considered a DC Subject Matter Expert
- Proven leader with the ability to motivate and inspire team members
- Mentor and coach, who demonstrates patience and intuition
- Extremely organized self-starter, flexible, highly independent
- Exceptional customer focus with strong business and professional acumen
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong computer skills, particularly MS Word and Excel
- Experience with pension administration software an asset; Related courses in pension administration (ACAP) or group benefits (CEBS), an asset