Senior Information Security Advisor
You will be responsible for providing advisory services to business lines, subsidiaries and affiliates enabling the achievement of the Bank's Information Security Policy. Specifically, provide advisory services to assist in the development and support of sound security strategies and secure control processes to protect the Bank's information and data resources, by:
•Represent Information Security in projects, initiatives, mergers & acquisitions.
-Work with business lines to develop sound security strategic and tactical plans towards the reliable implementation of consistent and secure control processes to protect the Bank.
-Drive initiatives and support business functions to assess security risks; make informed decisions to protect information assets.
•Lead security due diligence reviews over third party services providers to determine if implemented security and control practices align with the Bank and industry best practices. Work with the relationship owner and the 3rd party to create and track an action plan for remediation of identified issues.
-Keep informed and well versed on financial industry regulations demands in different regions based on practical experience. •Pursue security and control process improvements to advance security compliance and improve internal processes.
Key Job Functions:
- Participate in initiatives and projects driven by various business lines. Guide project and delivery managers to design and establish sound information security practices, facilitating key artifacts such as security design documents, threat/risk assessments and data classifications with the owner to ensure that risks are identified and effectively managed.
Where required by risk, lead due diligence reviews over third party outsourcing partners to ensure that their security posture aligns with the Bank and industry best practice. Work with the relationship owner and the third party to create and track an action plan for remediation of issues.
- Act as a central point of reference and core competency for Information Security, providing first line subject matter expert advice on classification and protection of data through Bank's information security standards, policies and processes, and industry best practices.
- Liaise with internal and external security teams and business lines to develop sound security strategic and tactical plans towards the reliable implementation of consistent & secure control processes to protect the Bank.
- Work with our business line partners to assess and ensure compliance to the Bank standards
- Must have a solid understanding and experience with security controls/mechanisms and threat/risk assessment techniques pertaining to complex data, application and network environments
- Strong knowledge of cloud security controls, cloud computing concepts, and cloud architecture security
- Knowledge of financial services' Security Governance Framework (policies and standards) is a strong asset
- Knowledge of Agile, Lean, Rapid Labs and other accelerated project frameworks would be an asset
- Strong knowledge of cryptographic concepts leveraged in modern applications and systems
- Strong knowledge of UNIX and Windows operating systems with emphasis on security features
- Sound knowledge of static and dynamic code analysis
- Sound knowledge of identity & Access Management, PKI, Intrusion Prevention, and vulnerability assesments
- Sound knowledge on one or more of the following database: Oracle, DB2, Sybase, SQL Server
- Sound knowledge of network security components such as firewalls, routers, intrusion detection, anti-virus software
- Strong Microsoft Office software skills particularly Excel, Word, Visio, and Powerpoint
- Must have advance verbal and written communication skills in English. Spanish verbal skill is nice to have.
- Working knowledge of regulatory guidelines related to the financial industry like OSFI
- University degree in computer science/related field or relevant work experience
- Certifications in CISSP, CEH
- CCSP, CISA, CRISC are nice to have