Sr Information Security Advisor-Governance
You will be responsible in the development and support of sound security strategies, ensuring the reliable implementation of consistent and secure control processes to protect the Bank’s information and data resources.
• Strong knowledge of cloud security controls and experience in deployments and cloud architecture security.
• Must have a solid understanding and experience with security controls/mechanisms and threat/risk assessment techniques pertaining to complex data, application and networking environments.
• Must have advanced verbal and written communication skills in English, especially report writing ability. Excellent written and spoken English
• Well developed Communication skills are required, and the ability to confidently present ideas and recommendations at formal presentation and conference calls.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines for multiple assignments and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
• Knowledge of the financial services’ Security Governance Framework (policies and standards) is a strong asset.
• Knowledge of Agile, Lean, Rapid Labs and other accelerated project frameworks would be an asset
• Knowledge of cryptocurrency concepts e.g Blockchain would be an asset
• Strong knowledge of cryptographic concepts leveraged in modern applications and systems
• Strong Microsoft Office software skills particularly Excel, Word, Visio and Powerpoint.
• Strong knowledge of UNIX and Windows operating systems with emphasis on security features.
• Sound knowledge of the following security technologies such as: Identify & Access Management, PKI, Intrusion Prevention, vulnerability assessments
• Sound knowledge of network security components such as firewalls, routers, intrusion detection, anti-virus software.
• Working knowledge of regulatory guidelines related to the financial industry like OSFI.
1. Acting as central point of reference and core competency for Information Security to be used by business lines and associated technology groups before and during mergers and acquisitions engagements. Assisting in the inventory, classification and protection of data resources by providing guidance on a cost effective implementation of Bank’s security policies and standards.
2. Representing Information Security in integration projects teams by leading security initiatives. Drive initiatives and support business functions to assess security risks and to make informed decisions to protect information assets during integration projects. Performing Security Due Diligence Reviews on organizations targeted by the Bank.
3. Providing guidance to design, develop and implement sound risk management controls in accordance with Bank’s standards that assure Bank’s compliance with industry regulations. Keeping abreast and being well versed on financial industry regulations demands in different regions based on practical experience. Managing the infrastructure’s risk scores of acquired organizations and driving initiatives towards remediation.
4. Pursuing security and control process improvements to advance the security compliance.
5. Working closely with Information Security Directors to facilitate communication, support and to convey the Bank’s Information Security vision as developed by the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO).
Sr Technical Recruiter
Sr Technical Recruiter
Please contact me with any questions: