Intermediate Full Stack Developer
Location: Toronto -work from home
Full time Permanent $ 70 – 90k plus benefits
We are looking to hire an Intermediate Full Stack Developer
to work in a growing Tech company in Toronto that powers the future of Social Spending . They facilitate crowdfunding, small events, mobile 1:1, and group payments through a mobile and web app gateway.
You can join their growing team now as the Intermediate Full-Stack Software Engineer
to complement their expanding engineering team. You should have an affinity for making and breaking scalable cloud applications and would have worked on both the Front-End and Back-end.
The platform consists of a serverless backend, a web app, mobile apps for both iOS and Android, and various supporting applications. Technologies and platforms you would use regularly include:
- UI: CSS, SCSS, Bootstrap.
- Database: Postgres w/ TimescaleDB, Redis.
- DevOps: AWS, Netlify, Linux, Bash.
- Developer Tools: MacOS, Jetbrains WebStorm, npm, GitHub/Bitbucket, Postico, Jira.
The minimum requirements:
- OOP: Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts and Data Structures. While you are comfortable with functional programming, you tend to think OOP design patterns.
- PostgreSQL: You are experienced with SQL, crafting relational DB Schemas, queries, and stored procedures in PL/pgSQL. You have used Postgres in at least one major project. Bonus points for having used TimescaleDB in a major project in the past.
- nix Command Line: You are extremely comfortable with bash and interacting with *nix on the command line.
- Thinking From User POV: You have the ability to think from the perspective of the end user when it comes to features.
- Work Experience: You have 2-4 years of work experience working in multi-disciplinary teams. Your focus has been purely software engineering and have worked both on the Front-End and Back-End equally. You have been mentored by a Senior Full-Stack Engineer and are looking forward to taking on more technical and architectural responsibility.
The key responsibilities of the chosen individual will be as follows:
- Software Engineering:
- You will take responsibility for one or more features to be built out in the current sprint.
- You will work with the product team to refine the feature spec into a user story and identify what functionality needs to be added, where the functionality needs to be added, etc.
- You will implement assigned features in a manner that will scale out effectively as we grow.
- Quality Assurance:
- You will work with engineers to design appropriate test cases for our web/mobile application as well as our backend APIs.
- You will perform tests on software and record results.
- You will identify bugs and log them into our issue tracking system.
- You will take ownership of bugs, and either push them through the bug fix process via another engineer or fix them yourself.
- You will retest and ensure bugs have been resolved.
- Do you see something that can be improved in our stack or with our processes? You will have the opportunity to take initiative and improve processes.
In terms of our environment, we are a close-knit group of technical and business minded folks who expect quite a bit from each other. We play hard but we work harder.