Research Operations Specialists
We are currently seeking two Research Operations Specialists to join the Operations team. The Research Operations Specialists will work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to maintain the informatics platforms and provide support services to ensure users are able to access and optimally utilize the hosted data and platform resources.
- Support principal investigators of research teams in navigating data access application processes, research proposal assessments and research ethics board submissions.
- Perform User Acceptance Testing of virtual workspace environments.
- Perform dataset validation and ensure appropriate quality control and quality assurance measures are in place.
- Support platform users in the utilization of platform resources including analytics workspaces.
- Develop and maintain project specific work instructions and procedural documentation.
- Maintain and service central help desk and respond to day-to-day user inquiries.
- Develop and maintain administrative and end-user knowledge bases.
- Support DevOps team; testing and validation, communication of user issues and requests.
- Work alongside the Data team to develop and maintain SOPs, policies, procedures and system documentation.
- Assist in configuration and implementation of platform sub-systems.
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- 3-5 years of recent and related experience in a research operation and/or study management role.
- Undergraduate or master’s degree in Life Sciences, informatics, or a related field.
- Comprehensive knowledge of clinical research within an academic, hospital or industry setting.
- Broad knowledge of clinical research protocol requirements, research ethics board relations, and study data management best practices.
- Understanding of data management across the research lifecycle, including creating, processing, analysis, preservation, access, and reuse of data.
- Experience working in Linux environments.
- Familiarity working within virtual environments.
- Proficiency with developing and maintaining documentation. (Including work instructions, policies, SOPs, and knowledge bases).
- Programming skills utilizing Python and Rare considered an asset.
- Communicates effectively with multiple stakeholders including researchers, and staff in a team environment.
- Full time perm
- work from home
- health benefits plan
- group RRSP
- offer training to all employees
- start with 3 weeks paid vacation
About our client: design, build and manage complex health data infrastructure for research organizations across the globe. They deploy large scale informatics platforms involving wide-ranging and complex health data modalities (e.g., imaging, genomics, clinical assessments, wearables) across multiple disease areas including brain, cardiovascular, and cancer.
Our client’s Informatic platforms and services have been implemented in numerous settings including research institutes, hospitals and universities.