Python: SW Development Engineer
Toronto, Ontario · Information Technology
Hiring: 2 full time permanent positions, work-from-home
Python Software Engineer
Are you looking for a small and dynamic multidisciplinary team of researchers and engineers who work in a dynamic and agile environment?
About our client: they build and manage complex health research infrastructure for collaborators and clients. They bring together prominent research organizations across the country and internationally. Create large scale informatics platforms involving diverse and complex data modalities.
You will have the opportunity to stretch and develop your skills in data handling, software implementation, and system integration. You will primarily help in designing, implementing, deploying, testing and maintaining essential software components that will aid in growing their informatics platforms.
Your developer skills will also be used in assisting to incorporate DevOps methodologies that facilitate automating and streamlining large scale data processing pipelines; building, testing, and maintaining the production environment.
Your background as a software engineer with good technical expertise in system design, implementation, testing, deployment and support will allow you to thrive in this role.
- 5+ years working in a mid-sized Software team with a strong focus on end-to-end product development process, including the requirement elicitation, task decomposition, release planning, change control, testing, deployment, and the final product release.
- 5+ years of Python programming and RESTFul API development experience
- Strong working knowledge of modern architectural patterns or styles, Microservice in particular.
- Experience with event sourcing, distributed transaction strategy, messaging queues such as RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Solid working experience with data ingestion, ETL and workflow management tools such as Apache Airflow, storage and compute in relational (RDBMS) and NoSQL (Elastic, Neo4j) architectures
- Bonus if you have experience with virtualization and Docker ecosystems, knowledge of Kubernetes is highly desired
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services