Full Time Perm
Work from Home during Covid -to be reviewed
Office Location: Markham
As the DevOps engineer/Release engineer you will have shared responsibility for maintaining deploying releases. The engineer in this position will also play a role in helping our software continue to make the transition to be a microservices-based platform. To succeed, you should have experience with various version control systems (e.g., svn, git, etc), build tools (maven, gradle, nexus, etc) and automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet). We are working toward a fully automated provisioning of servers, deployment of code and general configuration management. You will be working closely with development, Product Trust, and Product team.
Skills and Requirements
Nice to haves
- 3 plus years of configuration management and engineering for large scale websites, ideally supporting an agile development process
- Experience with Docker and container management systems Kubernetes in particular.
- Understanding of version control systems (svn, Git, etc.), including branching and merging strategies
- Experience with software build tools (Maven/Gradle) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins)
- Groovy Scripting
- Experience with Linux environments and scripting languages (we tend to use bash but are open to any language)
- Experience with automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet), Ansible preferred
- Experience supporting an agile development process
- Cloud Bases solutions
- Experience publishing and maintaining parallel branches/versions.
- Application configuration experience, specifically Linux, Apache, Tomcat, Mariadb/Mysql.
- Experience with multiple virtualization technologies including VMware, Hyper-V, and OpenStack.
- Experience with public cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure.