Position: Sr. Oracle Database Administrator
FULL TIME PERMANENT
LOCATION: BOSTON, MA
You will provide strategic leadership of:
- Run various database environments as needed for applications development, testing and production implementation.
- Plan for sufficient disk space for normal growth as well as for new initiatives.
- Provide off-hours support as required (second tier)
- Perform lead role in troubleshooting and diagnosing application errors or issues.
- Install/Configure Oracle servers/databases
- Optimize storage requirements and instance and database configuration parameters
- Knowledge on Oracle license management, renewal process and SR creation.
- Design/Implement High availability and Disaster recovery as per RTO/RPO.
- Monitor the performance of supported databases. Conduct performance, stress and volume testing as needed to predict application performance. Assess application, environment, network, or storage issues and make recommendations to improve overall application performance.
- Create and review physical database designs. Develop and implement database design standards.
- Develop DB build strategy for Oracle on Microsoft Azure Cloud Linux servers.
- Develop backup and recovery strategies databases as needed. Investigate and deploy necessary tools to efficiently support backup and recovery, as well as disaster recovery, approaches.
- Plan for and install database upgrades and maintenance patches. Consult to development teams and other DBAs implications of new features and tools.
- Design and implement database indexes as needed to enable efficient data update as well as access.
- Responsible for creating and implementing appropriate security policies protecting the integrity of corporate data housed in the database environments.
- Participate in a variety of systems development projects by guiding Oracle Server and database design
- 8+ Years’ experience as a DBA
- Thorough understanding and demonstrated practical application of tools, methodologies and design concepts in the area of database management
- Deep and recent knowledge of Oracle 11g, 12c, RAC, OEM required, DB2, and SQL a plus.
- Knowledge on Agile/SaGE methodologies
- Development/automate of regular DBA activities like Database Backup, restore, update statistics etc using UNIX Shell scripting/Windows PowerShell scripts
- Knowledge of Informatica and ESP tools and administration
- Understanding of the Linux/UNIX/Microsoft Windows platform
- Understanding of SAN, DR, and HA technologies.
- Hands on experience on private/public clouds
- Understanding of DevOps tools for Data virtualization/cloning
- College Degree or equivalent experience (Computer Science Preferable)
WORKING HERE WILL ALSO OFFER YOU:
- Competitive compensation
- Retirement Savings Accounts including a RPP (Pension Plan), RRSP (Retirement Savings Plan), and TFSA (Tax Free Savings account)
- Our client’s Share Ownership Program with employer matching
- Customizable Benefits Package including Health, Dental, Vision, and 100% of Mental Health expenses
- Financial support for ongoing training, learning, and education
- Monthly Innovation Days (Hackathons)
- Wearing jeans to work every day
- An abundance of career paths and opportunities to advance
- A flexible work environment with flex hours, work from home arrangements, distributed teams, and condensed work week arrangements
Sr Technical Recruiter
Sr Technical Recruiter
Please contact me with any questions: