Information Security Analyst Advisory
You will develop and/or enhance strategies and processes to manage web application security vulnerabilities and threats for both transactional and marketing/informational web sites. You will also develop and/or enhance communication model to manage web application vulnerability remediation with the development and infrastructure support teams in support of risk management practices as well as develop and/or enhance reporting to development teams and all levels of management in order to provide proper tracking and measurement of remediation relative to established objectives.
The Application Security team has global accountability and is highly supportive of the Bank’s business, enabling execution of the Bank’s strategies, operations and services, while ensuring that appropriate application security practices are adhered to. This function provides core competency in proactively detecting application code flaws and/or bugs while working with the appropriate teams in instituting appropriate controls to mitigate risks, specifically as it pertains to web application vulnerabilities and threats. You will be expected to work closely with the application development groups to integrate application security processes and procedures into the software development lifecycle.
Key Job Accountabilities
Skills, Experiences and Functional Competencies
- Recommend, design, assess, implement, deploy and maintain application security controls required to protect the bank. You will be responsible for developing and/or enhancing the strategies and processes to identify, analyze, and communicate application vulnerabilities as per the CISO Directive and published communication process flows.
- Responsible for adherence to an established process flow that ensures development support teams, infrastructure support teams, and business risk owners implement control measures that effectively mitigate or eliminate the identified risk.
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting of all findings to the development teams, appropriate levels of management and the business risk owner.
Education and Other Requirements
- A strong understanding of multi-tier Web Applications, web services, and related vulnerabilities and potentials threats. Staying abreast of information provided by recognized organizations such as OWASP (Open Web Application Security Project) and CVE (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures).
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of the HTTP protocol, System Development Lifecycle (SDLC), and Web Programming for multi-tier web applications and web services.
- Experience with one of the following: JAVA, .Net, Swift, or Objective C, React, AngularJS, Node,js
- Experience performing source code reviews manually or using analysis tools would be considered an asset. Example HP Fortify, IBM AppScan Source, SonaQube, BlackDuck, Sonatype, etc
- Experience in an Agile development workshop and experience with integration tools such as Jenkins, JIRA would be an asset,
- Must have the ability to generate reports and tailor his/her communication strategy for various levels of technical staff, executive management, and business clients. Experience on reporting tools such as Cognos, JasperReport would be an asset.
CEH, OSCP, OSWE,CISSP and/or CISA designation beneficial but not required.
University degree or college diploma , or minimum of four (4) years equivalent industry-related experience required